Potomac Economics serves as the Independent Market Monitor (IMM) for the Midcontinent ISO (MISO).
MISO is a non-profit company that provides transmission service in the Midwest region of the U.S. and operates wholesale markets for electricity and related services. These include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitor, Potomac Economics receives data continuously that is used to evaluate the performance of the markets and identify conduct by MISO or its market participants that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets. In addition to this real time monitoring, Potomac Economics produces an annual report assessing the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
As a customer of MISO or a participant in its markets, you may request investigations or raise market issues for the Independent Market Monitor to investigate. These requests or complaints may address the conduct of market participants or the actions of MISO itself. Please submit such requests or complaints by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search all MISO Documents & Reports
- Quarterly Report – Winter 2023 - Published March 2023
- Quarterly Report – Fall 2022 - Published January 2023
- Pre-Tech Conference Statement re Reliability Transmission Planning Criteria & Cost Management - Published September 2022
- Quarterly Report – Summer 2022 - Published September 2022
- 2021 State of the Market Report, Analytic Appendix - Published June 2022
- 2021 State of the Market Report - Published June 2022
- Quarterly Report – Spring 2022 - Published June 2022
- IMM Comments on MISO SAC Deficiency Response - Published April 2022
|David Patton||Michael Wander||Michael Chiasson|
|President||Vice President||Vice President|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0724||(317) 249-5721|